October 22, 2015
Two men face jail and their company a heavy fine after a worker was electrocuted when his ladder touched an overhead 11,000 volt power line. The power line should have been buried to make the site safe.
Detective Inspector Stuart Ellis said:
“Under the Work Related Death Protocol, I have worked closely with the Health and Safety Executive and Crown Prosecution Service during this time to establish the facts of this incident and identify those responsible.”
“This case also serves to highlight the importance of Health and Safety matters to all those involved in construction and the tragic consequences that can occur unless appropriate precautions are taken.”
You can read more about this story on Construction Enquirer.
Sound health and safety procedures and risk management are never optional. Our guide on how to keep you and your staff safe against the top 10 construction site risks is available here http://www.squaremilebroking.com/ffi-breaches-avoid-fines/